Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 7, "Wind Blown"

Once again it was a snowy day. 3 inches of new snow on 30 inches of snow is enough for me. But the fun today wasn't over, the wind deiced to come and visit for a while, yah! The worst thing to paint in is wind, no matter the temp. It can be a beautiful 78 degrees outside but if its windy all you can think of is when will I be done, it's just a pain to paint in. Today was one of those days with a 20 degree temp, fresh snow with a 30 mph wind to blow it around, I thought I would find something that represents the day. Thats when I saw this great tree, looking how I felt. So I set my easel up next to the tree, weighed the easel down and let the paint fly in the wind. Every time the wind would give a gust, I hate to say it, but all I could think of was when will this be done. I usually try not to put a time limit on doing a painting. My saying It takes as long as it takes for me, I would rather overwork the painting than under work it. But today I put a time limit on. It was just to windy!

"Wind Blown" 8" x 10"



The Wind Blown Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment