Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 5, "A Helping Hand"

Today as I was out looking for something to paint on a snowy day I saw these groups of people ice skating and I though nice, I will paint some skaters. Well after I  set up it I quickly became aware of how fast everyone was moving and unlike a hired model they just wouldn't hold still when I asked them to... just kidding. As I was pondering about packing up I noticed out of the corner of my eye and in-between all the fast movement was this wonderful slow moving scene taking place before my eyes. As fast as I could, I painted what I saw, a heart felt moment between mother and her child. 
I used a limited palette because I didn't want to miss a single motion that only happens for a very brief moment. With a limitted palette I can focuse on the action instead of the color to creat the mood. 

"A Helping hand" 8" x 10"

1 comment:

  1. Nice job - you definitely caught the feeling going on between mother and child.

    ReplyDelete