Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th, "Mountain Fireworks"

Happy Independence Day America, May Freedom Ring! It was truly a great day today and tonight was no different. I only get to paint fireworks twice a year and the last time I painted them it was -18 degrees out and I did a 24"x 36" painting alla prima plein air of the fireworks at the Evergreen Lake House for New Years. 
Tonight though I wore some shorts and a t-shirt and enjoyed a warm summer night and a fantastic show! 













I love painting fireworks at night. Trying to move fast enough to put in the action before it's gone, all awhile painting in the dark. This is where you can't paint by sight alone but from experience of knowing how to mix your colors with out seeing them. Then when you get home it's like christmas day when you get to put your painting in the light and see what you got. Well, here is my gift I would like to share with you. I hope you enjoy it and Happy Independence Day!


"Mountain Fireworks" 16" x 20"





No comments:

Post a Comment