Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November 9, "A Little Prayer"

The title says it all for today. I was feeling a little uninspired and even pondering where this journey is taking me, especially today trying to paint in 20 degree weather. Some days I really feel internally pressured to try and create a great painting instead of just painting. I tell people "My painting style is dictated to me by the scene", hence the reason some paintings look like a different artist painted them, because to me that scene needs to be painted the way it talks to me. Lately I have been forcing a style to the scene and when I force a style to the scene it seams unnatural for me and it can show.
Today I just wanted to paint for fun, so, I jumped into the rolling studio and headed out. After about an hour of looking I was still uninspired. Until I saw this huge barn and thought that would be fun to paint. I pulled up to the barn to check it out and when I got out of the van that's when I noticed I was also at one of our beautiful cemeteries. As I stood there looking at the graves and the barn this warm and inviting little statue jumped out and called to me. "I found my inspiration" I said "A Little Prayer" that is what I need. It also made the woes of my journey pale in the comparison of others. No matter how rough it may be a little prayer can go a long way.

"A Little Prayer" 8" x 10"


My Inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment