Monday, December 26, 2011

December 25, "Holy Family"

Today I wanted to do a painting of baby Jesus in a manger. On Christmas day I didn't think it would be too hard to find this type of scene, but do you think I could find a manger scene anywhere?, no. I had just spent the day celebrating Christmas with my family in Denver and then that night drove to Ft. Collins to see the rest of the family when I realized that my time was running out to paint. It was already 10:30 p.m. and still no mangers could be found. I went by at least 9 different churches and not one manger. Just about the time I was ready to give up on the manger scene I deiced to stop by  the old Catholic church and asked for some help. As I walked up to the main doors my inner voice said "look up" and when I did I saw this wonderful stained glass scene of Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus, my nativity scene I had been looking for. It's amazing how the divine spirt works. So with out hesitation I knew what I must paint so out came the paints the brushes and the winter gloves (it was cold out around 18 degrees).



"Holy Family" 8" x 10"


It's hard to see but this was my inspiration.


View of "The Church" as I walked up to it

No comments:

Post a Comment